Most people who market their services on the internet know how important it is to bring in high quantities of visitors, but many don’t understand that this traffic needs to be a targeted audience who will actually be interested in their products. This is exceptionally important for campaigns like Google’s Adwords, or any traffic that you’ve paid for.
This article will tell you how to build steady and highly targeted traffic to your website so you’re more likely to make sales.
1. Learn what your customers like and tailor your advertising to appeal to them. Make sure your keywords are centered around potential customers and be sure to use them in any advertising you do. With a service such as Google Adwords, make sure to be specific with your ads to draw in a more targeted crowd. If articles are your method for increasing traffic, be sure to fill them with keywords that involve your particular subject.
2. Look for popular and reliable search engines or directories to promote your website, and make sure they are related to your subject. For example, if the subject of your website happens to be “work from home online” you will want to find compatible sites to list your website. This makes it much easier for people to find your website when searching for something specific.
3. Take advantage of related forums and online groups for advertising as well. Learning all that you can about your customers will make it easier to find them and draw them to your site. Frequent groups and forums and get a chance to talk with your potential customers while subtly promoting your site with a link in your signature. These forums give you a chance to reach out to people that are likely interested in your niche, therefore, increasing your chance for buyers.
4. Write keyword-rich articles. The articles you write can get published by lots of different sites, directories and e-zines, so you could end up with thousands of links pointing back to your site. Your articles must contain the top keywords for your niche so that your site will rank high in searches for those words. This brings targeted traffic and potential customers to you.
5. Create an e-zine, or use related e-zines, to publish ads for your website. If you create your own e-zine, you can attract prospects who are already interested in the products that you’re offering. Your e-zine should always have new, relevant material and prominently feature your web address in every issue. Find some other e-zines with an audience that is similar to your own intended audience and use them to advertise your website.
6. Free blogsites such as WordPress, Blogger, Hubpages, and Squidoo are another great way to connect you to people that are interested in your product. Be sure to add a link in each post that will lead readers to your main site, using your keywords as the anchor text.
These six tips will help you establish a targeted traffic base for your home based business. With targeted customers, you’ll get a boost in sales and a higher conversion rate.