I read a great post today that I thought my readers would like. I know I am certainly guilty of all the things talked about in this post. With Alex’s permission I have copied his post below, but I would highly recommend that you go to his blog. You will find a lot of good information at This Blog!.
Letâ€™s face it â€“ there are so many new marketing tactics and strategies coming out every day that no one has time to learn everything.
Even by specializing in a certain niche, you have to ask yourself: â€œIs what I have to offer always going to be in demand?â€
Chances are, different methods will come and go, and youâ€™ll have to learn something new.
When that happens, rather than dreading the process, you can make it easy and streamline what and HOW you learn.
No matter what youâ€™re attempting, whether itâ€™s building a business, learning a sport, understanding a new language â€“ anything, it can only be done in three ways:
Now, you WONâ€™T get results if you spend all your time studying, all your time observing, or all your time doing. Each one of these methods has its own inherent flaws.
In school, you probably spent a great deal of time studying.Â That ties in nicely with our natural comfort zone, since the body resists actual CHANGE. Â But learning everything there is to know about marketing will simply make you a â€œjack of all tradesâ€ and master of none.
You want to find one or two things, and completely MASTER them.
So instead, divide your time up as follows:
- 25% of your time should be spent studying â€“ That means watching videos, participating in webinars, listening to audiobooks â€“ whatever it takes to learn the basics and new developments.
- 25% of your time should be spent observing â€“ This means watching the experts in your field and seeing what they do.Â If you want to be successful, observe successful people.
- 50% of your time should be spent doing â€“ This involves the actual process of TAKING ACTION â€“ where most people get â€œanalysis paralysisâ€ because theyâ€™re worried they wonâ€™t be smart / old / young / good enough. Forget about that and just start DOING.
Want to be an expert in search engine optimization? There are plenty of ways to ethically build up your ranking â€“ backlinks, video marketing, blogging, social media, etc, but you donâ€™t have to know all of them to do well.Â Most people only halfheartedly attempt one or two, but never truly master them.
Whatever it is you decide to do â€“ start now and divide your time up as 25-25-50 for studying, observing and doing, and youâ€™ll be able to hit that coveted six-figure-income because, unlike your peers, youâ€™ll be IN DEMAND.Â People will start to seek out your unique skill-set.
Theyâ€™ll want to work with YOU because youâ€™ve:
- Learned the basics of succeeding
- Watched what other successful people in your industry are doing
- Took action on what you learned and observed and achieved success
By dividing up your time correctly, youâ€™ll also enjoy other side benefits like the ability to get more done, and retain more of what you learned, while boosting your productivity.
Try it for a few days and watch how much more youâ€™re able to accomplish.
And please share your opinion on the 25-25-50 rule by leaving a comment below.
Well I hope you got as much out of this post as I did and again I highly recommend you visit Alex’s blog where you will find a great amount of good information on SEO and other marketing tips.
You can find his blog Right Here!
He also has a fantastic keyword research tool that you can check out Right Here!
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.