Even though most online marketers know it’s important to get lots of traffic to their sites, many don’t know how important it is that the traffic be targeted so their website visitors are interested in their offer. This is especially crucial if you’re paying for the traffic, as with Google AdWords campaigns.
This article will tell you how to build steady and highly targeted traffic to your website so you’re more likely to make sales.
1. Take the time to research your audience and direct your ad campaign to meet their interests. For all of your advertising campaigns, utilize main keywords that define your central customer base. With Google Adwords especially, the ad you create should be focused on your specific customers. If you’ve chosen to write a blog or articles to promote a business where you work from home online, these entries must include specific niche keywords.
2. Submit your website to popular search engine directories for categories that fit your particular niche. For example, if you have a website that distributes services or products that are relevant to “work from home online” or “home based work”, make sure you submit your website under these categories. This will make it easier for people who need this particular information to locate your website.
3. Take advantage of related forums and online groups for advertising as well. Learning all that you can about your customers will make it easier to find them and draw them to your site. Frequent groups and forums and get a chance to talk with your potential customers while subtly promoting your site with a link in your signature. These forums give you a chance to reach out to people that are likely interested in your niche, therefore, increasing your chance for buyers.
4. Take time to write a few keyword rich articles. If your articles happen to be published on e-zines, sites, and directories you may end up with a multitude of back links leading people straight to your site. The use of keywords in your articles is crucial in helping your site climb to the top of related search engine results. These searches connect your site to a targeted audience.
5. Advertise in your own e-zine and other e-zines that allow advertising. Publishing your own e-zine means you have lots of prospects already who have an interest in the product or service you offer. Be sure your e-zine has relevant, fresh content, and put your website URL in each e-zine publication. Find other e-zines with a similar readership that’s geared to your target market, and then advertise in those e-zines.
6. Create a blog about a subject that relates to your website and has valuable information that people want; Blogger, Squidoo, Hubpages and WordPress all offer free blogging services. Your blog posts should include your keywords as linking anchor text to direct visitors back to your website.
Using the tools outlined here, you will be able to lead a targeted audience of potential customers right to your site. By focusing your attention on a more targeted group of customers your sales and conversion rates are sure to climb.